This page current as at Friday, 9 April 2021, 11pm.
Gold Coast Central Church remains open each Saturday for life groups and worship services (livestreaming continues via Facebook)
As a place of Worship, Gold Coast Central Seventh-day Adventist Church abides by the COVID Safe Industry Plan for Places of Worship in Queensland Stage 3 (the Plan) – effective 3 July 2020.
RESOURCESHourly Covid-19 Cleaning Checklist Daily Checklist Covid-19 Induction Certificate Contact Tracing Register Form
Current COVID-19 Hotspots in Australia – click here
- Appendix 1 (Preparation Checklist) and 3 (Statement of Compliance) of the The Plan are prominently display on the bulletin board in foyer next to Auditorium 1 doors.
- The Plan does not cover funerals and weddings (click here for Qld Govt site)
- Funerals and weddings can continue to take place with the current restrictions (one person per 2 square metres, or 200 people, whichever is greater), but masks must be worn.
- LDC Auditorium 1 has maximum capacity of 242 persons (485m2 total room size)
- ALL staff and volunteers are directed to stay at home if they are sick, and to go home immediately if they become unwell.
- They must also be tested for COVID-19 if they have any symptoms of acute respiratory disease (cough, sore throat, shortness of breath) or a fever or history of fever.
- They must remain in isolation at home till they get a negative result for COVID-19.
- Gold Coast Central’s COVID Safe Warden is contactable via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Separate Entry and Exit points have been designated as per signage at the main glass doors of the facility.
- To reduce risk of infection, the communal fridge in the foyer must now be emptied daily.
- If any staff, volunteers, attendees, or community members display symptoms of COVID-19 ask them to call 13HEALTH (13 43 25 84). For severe symptoms such as shortness of breath at rest or difficulty breathing, dial 000.
- All staff/volunteers to abide by the COVID-19 WHS Guide provided by the government.
- Staff and attendees (including renters) must inform Church Pastor Mike Collum immediately if they are displaying symptoms, have been in close contact with a person who has COVID-19 or have been tested for COVID-19.
- Contact Tracing Register Check-In/Out MUST occur for all persons entering the facility. Members can use the Planning Center Check-ins App.
- We are required to record attendee and staff contact details at the outset of every gathering and retained for at least 56 days. We take your privacy very seriously and will only share these details with the government at their request in the event of a COVID-19 case.
Facility Room/Area Sizes
Auditorium 1 – Floor area 415m2, Raised stage area 70m2. Total 485m2.
Auditorium 2 – Floor area 202m2, Raised stage area 22m2. Total 224m2.
Area capacity according to social distancing rules of one person per TWO square metres of space in an enclosed area:
- Auditorium 1: 242 people
- Auditorium 2: 112 people
- Cafe/Foyer: 140 people
- Conference Room: 17 people
- Kids Room 1: 14 people
- Kids Room 2: 15 people
- Kids Room 3: 13 people
- Kids Room 4: 24 people
- Pastoral Care Office: 10 people
- Group Room 1: 8 people
- Group Room 2: 7 people
- Group Room 4: 5 people
- Group Room 5: 5 people
- Library: 7 people
Govt FAQ response: Do we have the legal right to turn people away if capacity is reached?
Yes, you do. It is a difficult thing to do, but necessary to limit the number of people in a building for both public health and contact tracing. It is recommended that organisations with smaller places of worship run multiple services and set up a “pre-booking” system to avoid rejections at the door.